Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should I handle this potential breakup?

Hey everyone,





I've been with my girlfriend for nearly three years, and I think our relationship is coming to a close. It doesn't feel like we are truly in love anymore, and although we care about each other deeply, I think we will be better off separate. I just feel... bored, I guess. We had a great run, and there was a lot of love between us, but I don't think it's there anymore; at least not to the same extent. The issue is, I don't know how to handle this.





She's in high school, and her prom is in June. I don't know if I should make the break now or wait until after her prom (I would go with her). I care about her, and I want this to be as painless as possible for both of us. I'm certain we will still be able to be friends afterwards. We have a lot of the same friends and have tentative plans to do things together with these friends during the summer.





Anyway, any tips or suggestions on how or when I should go about this? Like I said, I want this to be as painless as possible, and I want us to remain friends afterwards. What to do?How should I handle this potential breakup?
There is no painless way to do it. Just tell her you need to move on.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment