Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I want to help my girlfriend establish her own credit but?

how can I do it? I'm NOT going to apply for a credit card together with her. But she doesn't have good credit. Is there a way that I can help her establish her own credit using my credit?I want to help my girlfriend establish her own credit but?
do not tie your credit to her this will only lower yours. Instead she should apply for a secure credit card from the bank where she has her checking accountI want to help my girlfriend establish her own credit but?
Give her help and good advice. Never tie your credit to someone who is not your spouse.
You could make her an authorized signer on your credit card. The account history will then appear on her credit report. However, doing this is fraught with danger. If she runs up a big balance and doesn't pay, you'd be stuck with paying.


--------------


Making someone an authorized signer does not merge the entire credit history, only that one account. And I DID leave a warning about this.
Get a credit card from local bank and pay it in time. You also can use this service to avoid common mistakes while buiding credit and pre-estimate future scores for different scenarios of payments - credit-report-free.totalh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment